Staple Found In Pizza.
First a little background on my business relationship with RENOS.
I have done business with this store for over 20 years with only one issue in the past. That issue was with them delivering the wrong product to my home. When I called I was told, quite nastily “I made it just like you ordered it” ( I have been ordering the same small pizza for so long I normally just say I want a (My Street Name) Special. After not ordering pizzas for about three months the manager showed up on my porch and asked why I had not been ordering. When I told her the story she apologized and comped me a pizza. Things have been good for years until recently. One night in March 2010 we ordered our usual with some extra side orders. My wife and I grabbed our first peace of pie and all of a sudden she started choking. As she was spewing food onto the table and digging in her throat, while I was dialing 911, she eventually spit out a staple. We immediately called RENOS and talked to the female manager on duty. She showed no concern and tried her best to reason why no staple should be in the food. She all but called us liars. After much calm discussion on our part we insisted she call the owner and have him call us. He never did call. We registered a complaint with the State of Michigan for the incident. We were led to believe that the manager has no Restaurant Management Certification from the Michigan Board of Health. A complaint has been lodged there also. The manager on duty made no attempt to redeem the uneaten portion of our food order or offer any type of assistance or apology.
I would say if you value your life or your loved ones or want to be assured of competent customer service if a food incident happens to you STAY AWAY from RENOS. They do not realize that in this economy small businesses can not afford to alienate long term customers as they did my wife and me.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!